- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (105º to 115ºF)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Dough rise time: 6 hours
Makes 2 regular size pizza crusts
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in a small bowl with the water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate and form a creamy foam.
- Add the remaining ingredients into mixing bowl. Knead dough 2 to 3 minutes till the dough comes together.
- Form dough into a ball and put it in a buttered bowl turning it to coat dough with butter. Cover dough with plastic wrap and drape a towel over the bowl. Let dough rise at room temperature for 6 hours or until doubled in size.
- After dough has risen punch it down and let it rest covered for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into two equal portions and roll out to form the pizza crusts.