Skip to content
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 TBSP sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 TBSP dress cilantro, finely chopped
- Yield: 6
- PrepTime: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions, rice, sea salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir often for 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth and half the cilantro. Stir until well combined. Turn the heat up until it boils the reduce to low and cover. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat without removing the cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining cilantro and fluff with a fork.